lundi 16 novembre 2020

The Musical Stones of ... Wout

In The Musical Stones, the people who follow the Collective's work share their musical tastes, memories and luggage.

Today : Wout from Belgium

 

What is your first musical memory?

I am not really sure. I grew up with a combination of Synthesizer Music (Jean Michel Jarre, Vangelis, Tangerine Dream, all the synthesizer Classics) Classical music and Kleinkunst (songs in Dutch, mainly Boudewijn De Groot).
I was especially captured by classical music, things like the Slavonic March from Tchaikovsky
 
The first album you bought?

I was already 15 or 16 before I started buying music, because my dad really had a lot of music and I listened to the stuff he liked. I think one of the first albums I bought was Black Sunday from Cypress Hill. Shortly after that, at the age of 16  I discovered Gothic, EBM, neofolk and (post)industrial music and I started to buy (too much?) music.




The essential albums for you?

Pfffff.... with essential I mean albums that changed my musical tastes or had a huge influence on my taste. They are not "the best, or the most essential" in their genre.
 
- Boudewijn de Groot: Picknick (1967) For me the best dutch singer, and essential in my life, especially in my youth. 
 
 
- Wumpscut: Music For a Slaughtering Tribe (1993) Wauw, that was really something. I was hooked for years on this kind of music. Now, only every now and then I listen to EBM.
 
- Death in June: But, What Ends When The Symbols Shatter? (1992) The discovering of neo folk. Still one of my favourite genres until this day.


- Cold Meat Industry: The Absolute Supper (1997) Discovering my love for Dark Ambient, but then I just called it Industrial. Raison d'être, Desiderii Marginis,... . Probably my most beloved musical genre.
 
- Yahel: Waves of Sound (2000) I really loved House music, and trance music (Cosmic Cubes compilations) but somewhere in the early 2000's I discovered goa-trance, psytrance and a whole new world opened up. I still like goa-trance a lot, and is probably my favourite dance music.

If you had to choose only one album?
 
The essential Pär Boström: volume I-V  (if that would exist).


The album that seems terribly underrated to you?

An album that I can listen to again and again is New Kings And New Queens from Phragments. I dont think it is 40min long and a lot of people think that there is something wrong with my equipment when I play it but I really, really love it. I dont really know why, but I think it is great.
 

Your favorite album artwork?


Maybe the artwork from Braided Paths, a split from Sangre De Muerdago and Novemthree. The artwork is from Bluttanzt, who is one of my favorite artists.
 


A film whose soundtrack stroke you?

Pfioe, I really really like movie soundtracks so this is difficult. 
Requiem For a Dream, Clint Mansell.
Recently watched a flemish tv-show De Twaalf (the twelve), and I really liked the music by David Martijn.
 

 
Your current discoveries?

Some of the stuff I bought recently on Bandcamp: Интерkосмос by Проект Звездолет.
 

 
 Your favorite album of the Collective?
 
I really enjoy the Kaya North albums!
 

 

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire