mercredi 28 octobre 2020

Piano Works III by Caleb R.K. Williams

Hello friends !

New release with this Piano Works III. Tracks originally composed for a split album that never came to life. When I recorded these few melodies, I wanted to evoke several cities that I had the opportunity to visit during a 6-month roadtrip on the European roads (in 2018). I wanted to make an album out of it, but I gave up the idea and turned it into a simpler release with the "Piano Works". From the first idea I only kept the name "København". But the tracks are really related to some of the cities I discovered. For example "Nocturnal" was originally a "Munich" moment, "Empty The Belief" touches on Vienna, or Cardiff for "Forsaken Mountain".
As with the previous volumes, this 3rd EP is minimalist (here even more) and contemporary, quite far from some of the codes I usually use.



The artwork of this EP is a first for me. It's a collage I made with pictures from old 60s magazines found in my late grandparents' house. It was supposed to be the visual for the split, and I decided to keep it. I like its sober, grey side, with a certain lightness.

Link : Piano Works III by Caleb R.K. Williams

Have a good listening

Caleb

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire